Since Belle is so “hot” now eventhough it’s still in BETA. So I would like to share bits some of my tutorial to help those who is eager to try Symbian Belle on their device. Take notes, the tutorial only works on Nokia N8 since the firmware is only suitable for this device.
1. Backup all your important data
2. You need this 3:
1. After download Phoenix, Belle Beta Firmware and Anna Firmware, install Phoenix first, then extract both Belle Beta Firmware and Anna Firmware to your desktop.
2. Copy RM-596 folder (including everything inside), then paste it into this directory “C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\”.
3. Run Phoenix applications, go to File>Open Product, then search RM-596 by using the filter. Found it, select then click Ok.
4. Connect your phone via USB Cable in Ovi Suite mode
5. Click Flashing>Firmware Update, then select the variant supposedly “Product code: 0598797. Description: china_prc_dark_grey”, click OK.
6. Check “Dead Phone USB Flashing” and then click Options.
7. Delete both RM596_APE_ONLY_ENO_11w15_v0.148.fpsx and RM-596_M025.44.emmc.fpsx.
8. Change the:
- RM-596_022.014_79.92_prd.core.fpsx to RM-596_111.010.0606_79u_prd.core.fpsx
- RM-596_022.014_28.01_Chinese_PRC_79.92_prd.rofs2.fpsx to RM-596_111.010.0606_13.01_MEA_A_79u_prd.rofs2.fpsx
- RM-596_022.014_C01.01_PRC_79.92_prd.rofs3.fpsx to RM-596_111.010.0606_C04.01_MEA_1_79u_prd.rofs3.fpsx
- RM-596_022.014_U02.01_79.92.uda.fpsx to RM-596_111.010.0606_U07.01_79u.uda.fpsx
9. Click OK
10. Click Refurbish, then follow the instruction as below:
- Disconnect USB Cable.
- Press Power Button at least 8 seconds. ##I highly recommend you press a little longer than 8 seconds till you feel your phone vibrates 2 time
- Connect USB Cable. (it will immediately recognize your device)
- Click OK
11. Phoenix will start flashing Belle firmware for your phone. You may need to wait a little while though
12. After flashing Belle firmware is done, it will appear a SUCCESS message. We’re still not finish here yet.
13. If your phone boot differently than the previous firmware like Anna/Symbian^3, means you have successfully installed Belle firmware into your phone.
14. After setting up your Nokia account (or just skip it like in the video), do a hard reset using *#7370# in order to reduce the potential of bug (since it’s still in BETA).
15. Restore your phone with the backup you have made
16. Then have fun with your Belle
Problem you might face:
In case if the flashing didn’t work out, try again from step 1. This may happen because you did not press power button long enough till the phone vibrate 2 times like in step 10. If that’s not the case, it might be that you did not install Nokia Ovi Suite or update the driver inside your pc.
If your phone wont start/bricked, Press Power buttons like more than 10 second, then press power button again so the phone could start again. If this doesn’t work, try 3 hard reset button: Hold “Volume Down + Camera Key + Menu Key” and press power button until your phone vibrates.
How it would be after flashing:
*Do it at your own risk